Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the most used social media applications, But if you’re not using your Snapchat account and looking for easy steps to delete and deactivate it, we’ve got you covered.
Keep in mind that once you complete these steps, your account won’t be deleted right away; it’ll be deactivated for 30 days, during which time you’ll have the option to reactivate your account before it’s permanently deleted
How to delete your Snapchat account
- Go to the Snapchat accounts portal and enter the username, or email address, and password associated with your account.
- Click “Delete My Account”.
- Confirm your choice by selecting “Continue” (you may also have to re-enter your username and password if they aren’t saved to autofill).
If you decide to reactivate your account before 30 days have passed, you can do so by logging back into your account using your username and password. It may take up to 24 hours for your account to reactivate.
Steps to download data before deleting the account
It’s important to download the data or else you will lose it, Things that can be downloaded from Snapchat are login history and account information, user profile details, images, videos, snap and chat history, memories, Bitmoji and many more.
- Visit your Snapchat account on the web browser.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Now, go to the My Data section on the Manage my Account page.
- Click on Submit request at the bottom of the page.
- In the next step, Snapchat will send you an email to your registered account.
- Click on the link to download Snapchat data.
- All the data will be saved on your device, in a zip file format.
How to reactivate your Snapchat account
It’s easy! Just log back into the app with your username within 30 days of deactivating your account.
While your account is deactivated, you can only log in with your username and password. You can’t log in with your email address and you can’t change your password.
That’s it for this article on How to Deactivate Snapchat Account For the latest tech news across the world, latest tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of most exciting releases follow Assantech’s Facebook and Twitter, and our Instagram