Android 12 Beta 3 is now available with the latest features and changes as we know, After going through the early developer preview phase. so here’s a Guide How to install the Android 12 beta
The Android Beta step above and below are compatible with Google Pixel smartphones from the Pixel 3 series forward.
what you need to get started
- A compatible Pixel 3 or later device and a USB cable to connect it to your computer
- Compatible Pixel phones include the Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5
- The Android SDK installed on your machine with ADB and Fastboot command successfully working
Download the proper files to install Android 12 beta
to download the appropriate file for your device before you get started. We recommend using OTA images over factory images, as the process is easier to do and allows you to keep old files if that’s something you’re interested in.
Click here to grab the OTA image for your specific Pixel device. It’s also possible to use the full factory images (here), which requires extra hoops like unlocking your bootloader and more. If you want to keep things simple, we recommend sideloading the OTA. We designed our directions below for this install type.
Prepare your phone
Once you’ve installed the file, you need to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode to apply the OTA. Then, you’ll be ready to install Android 12 beta.
- First, shut off your phone.
- Next, hold down Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- The bootloader menu will now show up. Use volume buttons to scroll down to Recovery Mode.
- Select Recovery Mode by clicking the power button.
- You’ll be presented with an Android robot with an exclamation mark on it. Now you’ll press the power button and volume up button for about a second.
- Release the volume up button will send you fully into recovery.
- Next, use the volume buttons and scroll down to Apply update from ADB. Push the power button to select the option.
- Lastly, you’ll see a blank screen telling you how to sideload an OTA.
Prepare your PC to install Android 12 beta
Now that your phone is ready
- Connect your handset to your PC via USB cable. Remember, your PC needs to have ADB tools installed.
- On Windows, enter Command Prompt. On Linux or Mac, you’ll want to use Terminal. For Windows users, make sure you navigate to wherever you’re storing the folder.
- Next, you must enter adb sideload for Windows or ./adb sideload for Mac/Linux.
- Now you’ll want to enter the name of the .zip folder from before and hit enter.
- Once completed, your phone will return to Recovery Mode, and you can remove the USB cable.
- Go to Reboot Now with the volume keys and press the power button.
And That’s it. If everything got as expected, you were able to install the Android 12 beta successfully.
That’s it for this article, For the latest tech news across the world, latest tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of most exciting releases follow Assantech’s Facebook and Twitter, and our Instagram