WhatsApp has taken over and nowadays it’s rare to find a smartphone without a recognizable logo in it. Packed with features that sometimes get unnoticed, the WhatsApp Broadcast feature is one of them
With 1 billion people around the world using the messenger app every day, with 55 Billion messages sent daily, there is a huge demographic that can be marketed to.
Utilising the platform now, especially with WhatsApp Business on its way is a fantastic idea for any school marketing team.
What is WhatsApp Broadcast
its a function within the messaging platform that gives the brand a dedicated channel to broadcast a message to a specific audience.
According to WhatsApp, a broadcast list is defined as a “feature that allows you to send a message or media to several contacts at once.”
When to use WhatsApp Broadcast?
the broadcast will save you precious time when you want to send the same message to many contacts all at once. The effect is the same as if you went to each chat individually and sent the message, just a lot faster. Broadcasts are especially useful for updates and announcements.
Note: Only the people on your broadcast list that have added your phone number to their address book will receive your message
How to Create a broadcast list
- Go to WhatsApp > More options> New broadcast.
- Search for or select the contacts you want to add.
- Tap the checkmark
Summary of WhatsApp broadcast vs group differences
- One common chat for all group members.
- Maximum of 256 participants.
- The admin adds and removes group members.
- Communication and member contact details are available for all participants.
- The message is sent individually to the contact (no group chat).
- Maximum of 256 contacts in the broadcast list.
- Communication is private.
- Recipients are not aware the message is sent through a broadcast.
- Responses show up in the regular WhatsApp chat with the contact.
- The recipient must have your number saved as a contact in order to receive the message.
The function does not allow recipients to see each other’s phone numbers or know that they are on the same list. This protects the privacy of the customer and enhances the personalization of the message.
That’s it for this article, For the latest tech news across the world, latest tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of most exciting releases follow Assantech’s Facebook and Twitter, and our Instagram